We are one of Oxfordshire’s biggest trade employers, providing over 600 people with a great place to work.
What makes us unique is the way we do business. From our people to our profits, we’re 100% invested in the communities we serve. We are committed to finding innovative ways to deliver services that bring genuine benefits to our economy and planet.
We’re committed to fair and open business practices and good customer relations.
We choose suppliers carefully, looking at their labour, health, safety and environmental practices.
We support the local economy, employing globally and buying locally. We create income for the council and support the community and businesses in Oxford.
We pay the Oxford living wage, invest in training and development, and deliver HR initiatives such as health care, flex days.
We employ over 600 people:
51% from Oxford
44% from the rest of Oxfordshire
In 2018/19 we spent a total of £22.5 million on wages and salaries and we are an Oxford Living Wage employer.
We spent £26.4m on bought-in goods and services, 56% of which were Oxford based, 18% Oxfordshire
This means that we:
- generated £42.5m of GVA in the UK, of which £33.7m was in Oxford, a further £3.9m was in Oxfordshire
- supported employment of 1,251 jobs in the UK of which 1,035 were in Oxford, a further 96 in the rest of Oxfordshire
ODS is committed to promoting sustainability and respond to climate emergency:
- Currently zero or reduced emissions vehicles make up 15% of the ODS fleet and we aim to raise that percentage to over 25% by 2023.
- We reduced emissions by relocating HGV vehicle inspections into the Oxford area, reducing the mileage from HGV inspection journeys. We estimate we have achieved a 6.7 tonne CO2 reduction per year through reducing fleet HGV mileage.
- Working on behalf of the Council, over 2018/19, ODS reduced CO2 emissions in 464 properties by installing or upgrading loft insulation. An average of 40kg CO2 emissions reduction per year per property is estimated to be achieved by this work.
From our people to our profits, we’re 100% invested in the communities we serve.