What services are still operating and where can I get help?
Our front-line staff deliver essential services such as waste collection and housing repairs including gas, water and electrical emergencies for Oxford City Council, and have carried on working throughout the lockdown period.
We are currently operating in line with government guidelines to protect our staff and you, our community. This means we are only able to carry out work that can be done safely within these guidelines.
Because of the nature of what we do, such as collecting waste and street cleaning, some staff have to be out and about in the city or work at our depots.
Where our staff do have to be outside to serve the community please help us protect their health by following government advice on social distancing, and be cooperative with our safety guidelines for you if they have to enter your home for emergency repairs or statutory safety checks.
If you would like to join the community of people helping the vulnerable in Oxford, please go to the Oxford Together website. We have provided support for the Hub using our vehicles and key workers on the ground and I know your support will be welcomed.
Information on what services we are still operating in Oxford, information from the City Council and a list of other sources of information are given below.
With best wishes
Simon Howick, MD.
ODS is operating in line with government guidelines and continuing to carry out key services during this time where we can keep our staff and customers safe.
We will focus on the following services during the lockdown:
- recycling, waste and food collections
- winter services including gritting, road repairs and jetting
- street cleaning of main shopping areas, including litter picking and waste
- emergency repairs and safety and compliance checks for properties
- disabled adaptations.
So we can ensure the essential services are provided we will suspend:
- non-essential tree works
- non-essential property work (such as rewires, repairs).
- In line with government guidelines Oxford City Council has closed:
- pavilion and sports facilities
- public toilets.
Our business lines are open but please bear with us if we take a bit longer to answer your call.
Our support staff are here to answer your calls and deal with any queries contact us at 01865 335400 or email@example.com.
Visitors to ODS sites are required to comply with these rules
- Face coverings are mandatory on all of our sites
- Only external businesses that have a pre-arranged visit or a delivery will be allowed onto our depot sites
- Wash your hands or sanitise them regularly
- Keep socially distanced unless other arrangements have been agreed
- Be familiar with and adhere to the signs and guidance when moving around the sites
- Be responsible when not at work, comply with the national rules and guidance, minimise the likelihood of infection
- If you have any symptoms of Covid, stay away from the sites and arrange for a test.