View all the latest jobs at ODS. Check back regularly as new opportunities are added frequently.
When – tomorrow? OK as soon as possible
Where – Oxford
Why – by leading this part of our business, 200 strong, £20m turnover, serving thousands of customers, with your sleeves rolled up, it’s your chance to shape something great and be part of our Doing Good Company.
What – repairs and maintenance including thousands of responsive repairs, gas services and electrical inspections, hundreds of kitchens, bathrooms, refurbishments, a planned maintenance programme and general building work. Come and make it all play in harmony and tick for our customers and Client. Make it super-efficient. Make it profitable. Sell our services to others.
How – by using your extensive experience in a senior leadership role in property services, with an in-house workforce and demonstrable major service improvement track record. And you’ll need to be in tune with our values too.
Who – you?
So – fancy a job that’s Doing Good?
If you are interested in this role please send your CV and supporting to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 22 March 2020
For any queries about the role please contact Simon Howick, Managing Director on 01865 252547 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity and Inclusion
At ODS we pride ourselves on diversity and inclusion underpinning what we do and why we do it. These concepts encompass our attitudes as individuals and as an organisation.
A core element of an inclusive company is one that listens, respecting differences of opinion and celebrating diversity. It is embedded into our daily decision making, how we interact with each other and the measures we take to move the business forward.
We want to foster an inclusive environment, where every employee feels able to bring their whole self to work and feels comfortable sharing information about who they are (if they want to). It’s our belief that we need to understand each other and also the public we serve. A diverse workforce brings a range of experiences and perspectives, contributing to our employee wellbeing, engagement and our effectiveness as a social enterprise.
- To help ensure Oxford City is an attractive place to live and work by providing a quality, effective and efficient cleansing service, ensuring the streets and parks are free of litter, rubbish, detritus and graffiti.
- To represent Oxford Direct Services (ODS) in a professional and appropriate manner, reflecting our aims and values.
Role responsibilities and main duties
- Sweep and clean the streets, pavements, parks and covered market, to include removing litter, detritus, dog fouling and weeds and empty and clean waste receptacles, using mechanical sweepers as required.
- Service public conveniences, to include opening, closing and cleaning.
- Ensure the Parks pavilions are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and general maintenance.
- Undertake the removal of graffiti, utilising specialist equipment and materials as appropriate.
- Drive ODS vehicles, including 3.5 tonne flat bed and 4x4 vehicles (where employee has a driving licence)
- Respond positively to members of the public and deal with general enquiries.
- Identify, log and report public safety hazards and public conveniences repairs and other issues that detrimentally affect the appearance of the environment.
- Submit daily report sheets including reporting defects, dumped rubbish, fly posting and graffiti.
- Attend relevant training and assist in the provision of training for new employees to ensure that they are adequately trained in safe working methods and route familiarisation.
Ensure compliance with the ODS Health and Safety Policy and the Health and Safety at Work (1974) Act.
Represent ODS in a professional and appropriate manner.
25th March 2020
All CV's and covering notes to be sent to DDSHumanResources@oxford.gov.uk
As a Local Authority Trading Company (LATCo) we are here to build a new kind of business, a better business; a business that’s good for everyone. ODS is a ‘doing good’ company and we need another 'do gooder' to be our Finance Director. It’s an exciting time for us and every one of our people has a role to play in driving our business forward; as our new Director of Finance you will have a chance to make a real contribution to deliver our mission 'doing good business that’s good for everyone'.
Incorporated in 2018, ODS has built on a track record of success as part of Oxford City Council, running public services and selling some of these business to business. We have developed a thriving commercial business and have ambitious plans for the future. We are already constructing more highways and buildings; providing more managed services, repairing vehicles, conducting MOTs, recycling waste, controlling pests and removing trees. We are working for more local authorities, businesses, schools, universities and residents across the county and have big ambitions for the future.
Whilst our ambitions are big, we stay committed to our ethos of ‘doing good’, both for residents and businesses across Oxford, and for our dedicated workforce. We’re meeting the challenge of moving from local authority accounting to commercial finance; for this we need an experienced leader to own and continue the work. We are seeking someone with in depth commercial finance experience combined with a clear understanding of local authority finance. You will know what good commercial finance looks like and how to embed this effectively to inform the decision making of the company. We need someone who is ambitious, yet 100% focused on finance; for the foreseeable future this is where we need your entire energy and passion.
If you’re interested in joining our leadership team to continue to develop our services, that are 'doing good’ for our residents and businesses see our dedicated microsite: www.odsgroup.co.uk/Finance-Director where you can register your details and access full details. For a confidential conversation, please get in touch with our retained recruiter Anna Jay – email@example.com or 07904 236 348.
Closing Date: 15th April 2020 – Midday