Chilton Carpark (PHE) Resurfacing
Client: Public Health England
Project: Chilton Carpark resurfacing
Date of completion: August 2020
Budget: £18,400 + VAT
Public Health England needed their car park area to be enlarged to fit mobile buildings and an infrastructure change to enable big lorries and deliveries to take place on the road, instead of pulling up in the car park area.
- ODS were the best value for money through a tender process and were able to do all the work needed in-house. We also have worked for PHE before and we are working hard to building a good relationship.
- We worked to a very well planned, method statement and plan of works to fulfil the client’s requirements. We had to change the kerbing area to enable deliveries.
- We were working to PHE plans on site to construct the new steps and working out of levels for this to work with surface water and drainage.
- We excavated old kerb lines and resurfaced to make car park area bigger.
- We constructed new steps and platform area with safety rails.
- We also reshaped and constructed the new bow mouth on the entrance with new posts to protect the footways.
- We constructed new kerb lines to allow for a new loading and unloading area for which we hand laid the tarmac surfacing to allow the levels to be right with existing drainage on site.
- Lining was also completed to refresh the area.
- Work was completed on time and within budget.