ODS has been supporting many local healthcare businesses for years, including care homes, surgeries and hospitals dispose of their clinical waste with the appropriate secure containers.
Businesses we can help with clinical waste:
- Hospitals and surgeries
- Nursing and care homes
- Clinics and health centres
- Veterinary practices
- Schools, colleges and universities
- Dental practices
- Nail bars and beauty parlours.
What is clinical waste?
Clinical waste covers a range of products used in the healthcare industry that cannot be recycled or disposed of in the normal ways.
Clincial waste items include:
- Sharps (needles, scalpels, etc.)
- Pharmaceuticals (drugs, dressings, etc.)
- Infectious waste (human or animal tissue, blood-soaked bandages, etc.)
- Dental (dental moulds, amalgams, etc.).
We provide waste appropriate containers for the safe removal of all kinds of clinical waste. This waste will then be disposed of responsibly by specially trained staff.
What happens to clinical waste?
Owing to its potentially toxic or infectious nature, clinical waste will be safely and securely removed from you premises. The waste will then be disposed of, in accordance with national guidelines, such as incineration.